June 30, 2020
No plastic! —— 2020 Global "No Plastic July Challenge"
Today is the last day of June, and tomorrow will be the first day of July.
July 1st is a special day for Hungary. After 4 months of lockdown and border restrictions, Hungary is finally about to open gradually; the free parking policy in the city center will officially expire tomorrow,; the restaurant has experienced the most After the bleak first half of the year, a new wave of dine-in has gradually begun.
What I want to introduce to you is a popular global event—the “Plastic-Free July Challenge”.
This event was initiated in 2011 by the Plastic Free Foundation of Australia. As a local initiative of the Western Australia Metropolitan Regional Council, the “No Plastic July Challenge” quickly developed into a global sport, attracting millions of people from more than 170 countries/regions around the world.
The conference encourages people and companies to change their behaviors, avoid using disposable plastics, and reduce plastic waste. Let everyone join in and enhance the recyclability of plastic products to resist the increasingly serious problem of plastic pollution.
- Throughout July, you will not use disposable plastic products, paper cups, paper straws, paper lunch boxes, etc., or you can bring your own containers to fast food restaurants.
- Participate in various activities organized by public welfare organizations and provide suggestions for solving one-time pollution problems.
- Promote the hazards of disposable plastic products and the importance of environmental protection.
In the past 9 years, the “No Plastics July Challenge” has been supported and responded by countless people around the world, and has achieved considerable results. In 2019, “Plastic Free July” produced 2,214 related reports worldwide, which were read by more than 100 million readers. It is estimated that approximately 825 million kilograms of plastic waste have been reduced, including millions of disposable beverage bottles, coffee cups, packaging, straws, and plastic bags.
Whether you are a business or an individual, if you are a staunch anti-disposable plastic person like us, welcome to join this global event. The method of participating in the activity I wrote at the beginning of the article and below the text:
- Open the following link: https://www.plasticfreejuly.org/
- Click “YES! I will take the challenge”. (Yes! I will accept the challenge)
- Fill in personal information and participate in the activity.